Sunday, October 24, 2010

A New Puppy and Kitty

Yesterday we got a new puppy. She is a cutie. The man I bought her from says she is 1/2 lab and 1/2 Great Pyrenees. So far she is getting really spoiled by all the kids who carry her around and hold her all the time. I think she likes it. We are keeping her inside for a while, but she is destined to be an outside dog, especially if she rises to the size that Wikipedia says that Great Pyrenees get.
A few weeks ago we got a free kitten from a friend. He is a fluffy orange kitty, as I call him. I named him Pumpkin Moonshine from the book by Tasha Tudor. He has adapted famously to our home and has figured everything out. I have noticed the last few days he is trying to sneak outside more. That is ok though, because I do want to get him to give up the litter box. I do not like litter boxes.



I am posting here, a picture of a grown up great Pyrenees and also one of a puppy that does look like our little Roxie. I have named her Roxie in honor of my best childhood dog, Roxie that lived with us for 14 1/2 years. This picture is my sister Joanne and I with Roxie when we lived in Michigan in the 1950's.

No comments: