Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Young Girl's Dreams....

   Today I was fixing a picture frame on my computer desk that had a picture of me in it when I was about 13 1/2 years old. I remember the day I had the picture taken many years ago in Michigan. My mom took me to a photographer, probably Olan Mills. I remember the color of my dress, although the picture is in black and white. The dress was tan and I think I had just had a permanent. My skin was fairly tanned so it must have been at the end of summer about the time school started. It was the beginning of my 8th grade year in 1958.
  Since the picture is on my desk, I often have a chance to look at the face of the "little girl" in the picture. As I gaze at her face, I see her eyes full of innocence and wonder. What must she have been thinking? Was she thinking about the school year about to begin? I think I see in her eyes the thoughts of the future. "I want to be happy and have a little house with flowers and sunshine all around. I want to have a handsome husband and lots of babies to take care of. Happiness, love, hope, a family- that is all that I want." If I went back in time to that very day, my hopes and desires for my future would still be the same as they were back then.

 

No comments: