Monday, January 28, 2008

Spiders and Spiritual Help


Our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has a magazine called The Ensign. I was reading the latest issue today and was struck by an article called Spriders and Spiritual Help. You can access it from the LDS.Org link to the right of this blog. Then go to Church Library to Church Magazines then to February Ensign. It was the story of a little grandson who saw a shadow of a toy on the wall and was scared because he thought it was a big spider. The writer likened the experience to our having a fear of something in life when in reality the Lord can take that fear way and give us peace. I know for myself, I tend to get carried away in worry over a problem that faces me or one of my family members. Instead of letting the Lord give me the peace and help I need, I continue to worry about it. I seem to never learn that if I just give my cares to the Lord as they come along, He will take care of it. Later, I see how I made the problem a "big spider" and should have displayed more faith by leaving it in the hands of the Lord. I am sure that when life is over and I look back on my life and the lives of my children, I will see that He, indeed, did take care of it and all things "worked together for my good".
This is a picture I took close to Myrtle Beach, SC, Merrills Inlet, in December of 2007.

No comments: