Friday, February 29, 2008

"Just ...Looking, Little Brick Rancher"


I was on the internet just looking at homes for sale in my area. I thought, "It would be fun to get another home, a change of scene, maybe closer to town". I spent several days "just looking." As I scanned the homes available in my town and my daughter's town nearby, I could not find one house that I liked better than mine. We have 24 acres. My husband has built a barn, a screened porch, a deck and put up a big above ground pool. Why would I want to trade down. I could not afford to trade up. Too expensive. Even with the gas we spend going and coming from activities in town, I see no advantage to giving up our beautiful country spot. We have made it home since 2000 and our roots are sinking deep into the North Carolina clay. I have been thinking about this a lot since I have been away from home these 7 weeks. When I get home I am going to share with my husband this little writing I found on a homekeeping blog yesterday. I think that it is very true. "Little brick rancher", when I get home I am going to try harder to make you comfortable, good and happy.

Little writing from Neighbor Jane- "The more comfortable you are in your home, the less desire you have to leave it. The more at ease you are in your surroundings the more others want to join you. Making your home feel good and happy is what homekeeping is all about.
In the old familiar Disney movie, “Song of the South”, Uncle Remus shared stories of Brer Rabbit in the briar patch. Brer Rabbit said everyone needs a laughing place–a happy place to escape. Our homes can be those laughing, happy places where we can gain the courage to conquer the briar patches.
Keeping a happy home is not a simple task, yet it receives little accolades from the working world. Perhaps homekeeping’s merits are not best counted in dollars and cents, but in peaceful and harmonious living. "


Contact Me Copyright 2004-2008 http://www.neighborjanepayne.com/

No comments: