Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Perfect Day


In the last few days I have been going through files of pictures on my computer of all of our old slides taken with our 35mm. Yashica camera. Remember when slide projectors were popular? This was the 60's and 70's when my husband and I were having and raising our brood of 9 birth children. Each picture sure brought back memories of a time long ago when we were just young kids raising a family and not really knowing what life was about. When your kids are small you do not know that ahead will come the rocky years filled with trial and tribulation. You are so caught up in the fun and excitement of bringing these little spirits into the world and watching them grow and develop that anything into the future is just not something you can really imagine. I think that is a good thing. I remember all the excitement of expecting my first baby and the planning and preparation that went into getting ready for her to arrive. We did not even know she was going to be a she. We prepared her layette and bought and refinished a little dresser for it. We saved and bought a beautiful blue stroller from Penneys. (It was not called J.C. Penneys back then.) Her port-a-Crib was all set up and waiting for her arrival. There was never any thought on my young mommy's mind that the wonderful experience of making a family would be anything but Heaven from that time on. As the years pass by and life gets going, eventually all families experience the joys and trials of raising a family- or just life in general. Certainly, our life did not stay free from those many trials and tribulations that befall all families. But, you know, as I look at all those pictures of my sweet babies on their birth or blessing day, or having fun with Dad at the beach or around the Christmas tree, I will say that all of life is worth those wonderful memories. One day when we are a family in Eternity, we will most certainly all be able to recall the happy times displayed in those pictures of the past.
Scrapbook page above is our first daughter Kristen Louise, born in Provo, Utah in 1965. I am the exhausted mom in the bed! Scrapbook kit from Scrap Girls. "Express Yourself" by Ro P.

No comments: